Digital transformation in the automotive industry with DiSerHub
DiSerHub is a transformation hub, which operates across Germany and is made up of five project partners who work together on a better and more sustainable use of vehicles with the aid of digital services and digital business models. It was launched in September 2022 and serves as an exchange platform for all those involved along the entire automotive value creation chain.
The aim of the project is to sustainably secure the competitiveness of the German automotive industry. In the form of knowledge transfer and networking between all those involved, the DiSerHub will makes its contribution towards this aim.
Five project partners complement each other both in terms of content and geographical distribution:
- Coordination and management is carried out by the FIR e.V. at the RWTH Aachen with the main focus of “Innovative, customer-orientated and digital services and business models for automotive use including data sovereignty” as the West Hub for the automotive region of North-Rhine Westphalia (Rhineland) and Rhineland-Palatinate.
- The University of Paderborn (UPB) forms the North Hub for North Rhine-Westphalia (East Westphalia) and Lower Saxony dealing with the main topic of a “Digital ecosystem for networked, automated driving”.
- The An-Institut für Transfer und Weiterbildung GmbH (TUCed) with its focus on “Digital services for electromobility and autonomous driving” represents the East Hub in the states of Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Brandenburg, Thuringia, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Berlin.
- As the South-West Hub for the automotive region Baden-Württemberg and Hesse, the Institute for Automotive Industry (IfA) deals with the main issue of “Databased car dealership economics”.
- The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (Allianz autoMOBILproduktion (FhG)) is the South-East Hub for the Bavarian region and focuses on “Digital production and service systems in the after-sales business”.
Services offered by saaris in the transformation hub DiSerHub
Saaris, as an innovation agency for Saarland, provides support with diverse specialist services. The aim is to boost the reach and impact. As an initiator of business funding projects, including the necessary technology transfer, Saarland marketing, start-up support and human resources, saaris contributes its extensive expertise.
In the automotive field, saaris.motovation facilitates a cross-border technology transfer with the networking contacts of 250 business and 20 research units.
The existing cooperation between saaris and the vehicle initiative for Rhineland-Palatinate is extremely important to the success of the FIR Hub. In the region (Saarland and Rhineland-Palatinate) there is excellent digitalisation expertise with well-known institutes and chairs.
During the project period, saaris will organise themed events and workshops in the region together with the FIR Hub in order to attract more companies and experts. A major networking and information event as well as two themed workshops are planned each year. The content will be closely coordinated with the FIR Hub consortium, whilst regional experts from the saaris community are incorporated as speakers and contacts. saaris also serves as a multiplicator: FIR Hub messages and campaigns are presented on digital saaris platforms and schedules are advertised. An extensive information brochure at the end of the hub summarises results, application examples and contact partners at national and regional level.